Social media tortures my inner narcissistic child. Yet, I continue to learn how to navigate my way through the cacophony to understand what it is saying to me. “If pain is God’s megaphone to a deaf world,” (C.S Lewis) then social media is the American megaphone and we are either shouting to a deaf world or we must turn it upon ourselves and listen.
Here are 5 Significant Perspectives from Go Net Yourself as we learn to listen to the rhythms of social media. – (VB) 3 minute Video Blog with further insights into Social Media/Networking
1. Social Media: Ourselves If my internal “cringe-meter” sounds its alarm, normally there is an element of truth about myself to be found. When it comes to Social Media it might simply be, I am getting older and have a distaste for new things. Or as a company, I just do not want to hear what it has to say. – (VB) Dr. Rob McKenna, Ph.D. Real Time Development Strategies
2. Social Media: Cultures Social Media can be an amazing parental tool to be able to listen and peer into the world of our kids as they grow up. Therefore, why not use Social Media the same way, professionally and culturally across all segments of our lives. – (VB) Emmanuel Fonte EmmanuelFonte.com
3. Social Media: Interaction Great companies are built upon on not only listening well but interacting with their clients. David Carpenter says, “use your webpage (social networking tools) not as a brochure but as a tool of interaction.” – (VB) David Carpenter, Connection Model – Co-Founder
4. Social Media: Connections Social Media is a powerful tool for executives to stay connected to those around them with “a like,” “birthday,” or “tweet.” It is just a simple quick “thinking of you.” On a professional level CEO Jeff Rogers from OneAccord says, “one of the greatest mistakes of executives is allowing their networks to go dead.” – (VB) Jeff Rogers CEO OneAccord
5. Social Media: High Five In a time when most discussions within your organization tend to be negative, Social Media comes along as a tool that when used correctly, can give great positive feedback instantaneously – and we all need that right now. – (VB) Ryan Farmer, Founder of True-Methods
I have the privilege of running Go Net Yourself which allows me the opportunity to listen and learn from the hundreds of videos we produce and use those to create a unique blog/vblog. I look forward to your connections, tweets and comments, and hope you will pass these words on to others.
Have a great Thanksgiving and follow us to watch for our Christmas blog. Coming soon: How Ideas Affect Our Lives.